Part-time Maintenance Handyperson Job Specification
We're looking for a local self employed, part time, flexible and reliable on-call property maintenance person to support our team in the lake district.
To provide on-call property maintenance at local properties in and around Langdale / Ambleside / Hawkshead / Coniston / Grasmere / Windermere 7 days per week. The 7 day week is on rotation, split between 2 team members.
The successful applicant will represent the Good Life, liaising with customers (holiday guests and property owners).
Monitor an on-call mobile phone outside of Good Life’s office hours (to cover 5pm - 10pm Mon-Sat and 9am - 10pm Sunday), on rotation with another team member. In the event of an emergency or problem that requires immediate attention, customers may call this number.
Calls that you will be required to respond to include (but not limited to):
- The boiler not functioning so there is no heating or hot water.
- Problems with flooding/taps dripping/leaks.
- The property has not been cleaned when the guest has arrived.
- The guest has been locked out or not received keys on arrival.
You will be required to
- Answer these calls and respond to voicemail messages in a timely fashion.
- Liaise with the guest to access the property and attend to the problem promptly.
- Report any emergency call-outs to the Good Life team the following day.
- Identify any maintenance issues at existing properties and advise Good Life.
- Be prepared to carry out any work if required, although full repairs out of hours are not necessary.
- Take messages and email details of ‘non-emergency’ calls to Good Life office team, who will deal with the issue in office hours.
Non-emergency calls that could be expected (but not limited to) include:
- Missing items from the property.
- The wifi does not work.
- There is a broken chair/furniture etc.
- The customer is unhappy with the look of the property.
The successful applicant will be provided with an ‘on-call’ mobile phone.
There is a three month trial period of this contract. Following the successful trial of three months, this will become a rolling contract whereby either party can serve one months’ notice.
Payment by way of monthly retainer of £10 per day Mon- Sat and £20 per day on Sun, PLUS an hourly call out charge on top of this should you visit a property (Monday – Saturday 5pm – 10pm £25 for first hour, £15 for additional hours, all day Sunday £40 for the first hour, £25 for additional hours thereafter).
Bank holiday cover required on rotation/by arrangement, and paid based on Sunday callout rate.
COVID-19 considerations: PPE for property visits can be provided if required.
Is this you?
If you are hands-on and handy with a screwdriver this could be the job for you! You’ll need to be personable, reliable, flexible, diplomatic and able to deal with all types of people and situations. You will need a reliable car/van insured for business use and be able to work rotational hours.
17th September 2020
How to apply
Please email your CV and a covering note to: firstname.lastname@example.org