On call property maintenance
We're looking for a part time flexible and reliable on-call property maintenance person to support our team in the Lake District.
To provide on-call property maintenance at local properties in and around Langdale / Ambleside / Hawkshead/ Coniston / Grasmere / Windermere 7 days per week. The 7 day week is on rotation, split between 2 team members (vacancy is for 1). The successful applicants will represent the Good Life, liaising with customers (holiday guests and property owners).
To monitor and manage an on-call mobile phone outside of Good Life’s office hours (after 5pm Mon-Sat and all day Sunday), on a rota which includes every other weekend. In the event of an emergency or problem that requires immediate attention, customers may call this number. Calls that you will be required to respond to include (but not limited to):
- The boiler not functioning so there is no heating or hot water
- Problems with flooding/taps dripping/leaks
- The property has not been cleaned when the guest has arrived
- The guest has been locked out or not received keys on arrival
Answer these calls and respond to voicemail messages in a timely fashion. Liaise with the guest to access the property and attend to the problem promptly. Report any emergency call-outs to the Good Life team the following day. Identify any maintenance issues at existing properties and advise Good Life. Be prepared to carry out any work if required.
Take messages and email details of ‘non-emergency’ calls to Good Life office immediately. The Good Life office team will then deal with the issue in office hours. Non-emergency calls that could be expected (but not limited to) include:
- Missing items from the property
- The property does not match the description in the brochure/on the website
- There is a broken chair/furniture etc.
- The customer is unhappy with the look of the property
- The successful applicants will be provided with an ‘on-call’ mobile phone.
- There is a three month trial period of this contract. Following the successful trial of three months, this will become a rolling contract whereby either party can serve one months’ notice.
- Payment by way of monthly retainer of £10 per day and hourly call out charge on top of this. (Monday – Saturday 5pm – 10pm £25 for first hour, £15 for additional hours, Monday – Saturday 10pm – 8am and all day Sunday £40 for the first hour, £25 for additional hours thereafter).
Is this you?
If you are hands on and handy with a screw driver this could be the job for you! You’ll need to personable, reliable, flexible, diplomatic and able to deal with all types of people and situations. You will need a reliable car/van insured for business use and be able to work rotational hours. For more information and to apply please call 015394 37417 or email firstname.lastname@example.org